Friday, May 29, 2009

My dichotomy




I'm back. My intention is to keep up on this blog wholeheartedly. The last year has brought many intense changes to my life and art. Some wonderful, some horrible but change is the only constant in life so I keep on. My focus for this blog is my Art but I cannot leave out the personal details that inspire and affect it. I know the academic world frowns upon the personal, but I am 5 years gone from that world. Who says they know what is best anyway? The major change in my art this past year was the creation of my parallel alter ego Marcia Law. I had toyed around with the idea for some time but the creation is now complete. I didn't plan on ever having two separate artist's inside but my struggle to make 2 separate styles overtook me. I could explain the difference but I'll let the work speak for itself. Maybe it's because I'm born under the sun sign Gemini or that I may be a bit bi-polar, maybe it's me serving my inner child, or it could be that I believe art should cover all emotions including humor and wit. In any case these 2 styles exsist. They are both me. I am not suffering from multiple personalities. I am merely serving my soul.

No comments: